Chee-Kit Looi was the Founding Head of Learning Sciences Lab from January 2004 to June 2008, the first research centre devoted to the study of the sciences of learning in the Asia-Pacific region. Currently, he is the Head, Centre of Excellence for Learning Innovation (COELI). He is the PI or co-PI of several research projects funded by the National Research Foundation, Singapore. His research has created significant inroads into impacting school practices: his work on rapid collaborative learning has created routine practices of collaborative work in a primary school for over two years, and in two secondary schools for a year. These schools have continued or plan to continue the innovations on their own initiatives. His research on seamless and mobile learning has made good progress toward creating a model of 1:1 computing in schools. His work created and transformed the curricula of Primary 3 and 4 science in a primary school in Singapore so that they can harness the affordances of mobile devices for inquiry learning. Because of the good research outcomes, the school has decided to scale-up its 1:1 implementation to all of the Primary 3 classes in 2011, and to adopt 1:1 at the Primary 5 levels.
Over the years, Chee Kit has given keynote addresses in international conferences held in the US, Sweden, Finland, Australia, Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore. He is a member of the executive committee of the International AI & Education Society, editorial member of the Journal of CAL, the International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, and the IEEE Transactions in Learning Technologies. He was the past president of the Asia-Pacific Society of Computers in Education, and a Steering Committee and founder member of the Global Chinese Society on Computers in Education.
- meeting old friend in Australia~~ #odlaatransgenic https://t.co/pBeMP69p6g 1 year ago
- jingpinke.com #odlaatransgenic 1 year ago
- 5 minutes micro-course wfz.nerc-edu.com/Default.html #odlaatransgenic 1 year ago
- @PolymailApp Hi there, I tried to add my uni email, but received error message, saying encountered an error: x509 certificate signed by 1 year ago
- Just checked JSN Boot Free - Be impressed. Responsive #template, clean design & dead-easy to use. Great, @joomlashine ow.ly/gbNXV 3 years ago