Mike Sharples is Professor of Learning Sciences and Director of the Learning Sciences Research Institute at the University of Nottingham. His research interests include human-centred design of new technologies for learning, mobile and contextual learning, and the application of studies of human cognition and social interaction to the design of novel interactive systems. He is Principal Investigator of the PI: Personal Inquiry project to support inquiry learning of 21st century science topics between formal and informal settings. Other current projects include CAPITAL (Curriculum & Pedagogy in Technology Assisted Learning) to inform the next phase of the UK’s Harnessing Technology Strategy. He is leader of the Learning strand of the National Biomedical Research Unit in Hearing. As a member of the MOBIlearn European 5th Framework project he led the design and evaluation of its context awareness subsystem. His previous projects include a study of Web 2.0 technologies for learning at school and home, L-Mo with Sharp Labs Europe to develop mobile technology for language learning, the design of a Writer’s Assistant, an exploration of writing as creative design, computer implementations of story generation, and the development of a knowledge-based tutoring system for neuroradiology.
- meeting old friend in Australia~~ #odlaatransgenic https://t.co/pBeMP69p6g 1 year ago
- jingpinke.com #odlaatransgenic 1 year ago
- 5 minutes micro-course wfz.nerc-edu.com/Default.html #odlaatransgenic 1 year ago
- @PolymailApp Hi there, I tried to add my uni email, but received error message, saying encountered an error: x509 certificate signed by 1 year ago
- Just checked JSN Boot Free - Be impressed. Responsive #template, clean design & dead-easy to use. Great, @joomlashine ow.ly/gbNXV 2 years ago